Tuesday 27 September 2011

A little from my daily routines :)

This is a regular passenger.., passing right by the gates of or neghborhood :)


our vegetable/fruit shop

the same shop from the outside

how we purchase the goods (in a bucket.., no plastic bags, etc.. all to the one bowl and then they weight it by the cashier separately)
Some time ago the plastic bags were banned because people would just throw them from the balcony to the street.. with some food leftovers.. and cows would start eating with the plastic.. - and it is harmful for them..! (probably not because it is damaging the sight or atmosphere!! :D). Now, everything is back to 'normal', though one might notice more paper bags or just bags made from newspapers in the store (e.g. to weigth the rice or sugar) than plastic bags. (goody, goody :) )

and this is a business for cloth/scarfs-dieing (re-coloring) service

Theis day I am felling much more releaved, trying to get over my losses. And starting to se the right colors of India! Life is very very different here!
Spending much time with Omlata (the host-lady) and she has tought me many this already: how to make roti, indian-tea, shopping :) We also went to buy me indian-cloths! Cause I realized that not much could be used from the things I brought (I will not need my 2pairs of jeans!, 3 sweaters :D some short dresses.. and 2 pairs of shorts.., though, I was told it is ok to wear anything I am feeling comfortable in while I am at home.., but many people are visiting every day.. so I think it is better to look decent for other as well.. :) ).. Oh, I think it is interesting for you to know that the top cloth (which, of course, has a very difficult name) was tailored to my curves :) at the spot by a male dresmaker.. they are mostly males here.. for only 40kr. (20lt)! In total! for all!
One other interesting thing - we wnet at one cousin for a visit.. she was so charismatic! so charming, just smile and this laugh! :) pitty I do not speak hindi.. could only introduce myself.. and talk with help of Omlata :)
Apparently, they have a boy, who comes from that women husbands' village. He comes from a poor family so they took him to their house and keep him as their servant.. This way he has a chance to ''see what the life is'' (Truly speaking, I could only see this in movies up til now). As from the observations, that boy has his place in the house.. did not see him sit on the sofas.. or talk directly to the guests - he was just there to serve.
Oh.. also! they have a huge huge dog :) Dogs are kept as pets. (they are also very likely to meet in the streets.. so weak, so desperate for food but not harmful.., some with open wounds.. :S some alone and some in groups, what a pitty..)., but cat is not common, as it is believed that they bring bad luck if they cross the road in front of you.

That's it, that's all :)
Ro ;)

2 comments:

  1. Super super super! I'm reading it every day! I really like it Roberta! pls don't stop to do it :D and after 6 mounth i will tell about India for everybody :) I'm there with u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear! ;) Cause looking at the list of 'followers' seems like I am the only reader here :D But.. Thanks for sharing :) I will try to share as much as I will spot ;)

    P.S. sorry for the typos, I do not have too much time yet to write those.. as we are going to the guests every evening.. and daily routines take little more time.. so, I got no time to proof-read it :)

    Also.., I might add some stuff on the way to the same topic.. I hope this shows somehow... Or if there will be something significant, I will let you know ;)

    Auuu.. :)*

    ReplyDelete