Monday 26 September 2011

So .. this is how it started..

After a good! loong weekend with my Bestest Friends (MOnika, DOvile & Egluze) in CPH (sincere THANKS for the hosts!) I was feeling excited and and little worried :) - I have a thing with travels (always thinking of  "what if"). This time it started rather early, were times that I woke up in the midle of the night thinking of my Visa or passport.. (do I still have it in the same place, etc..) on my way to the airport I had an urge to check the paper (which I printed out a month ago) if the time has not changed for my flight :D (you know what they say: ''follow your logic!''. Though, Egluze must be right this time - my logic is untrustful sometimes..)

Anyways, I was acompanied by MOniakyte! And only when she led me to the customs I realized that it is only the signs that I can count on until I reach the place..



So.. I was happy to see that the airport cares about me and wishes a pleasant flight :)

On my way tried to use the sight and shot some good snaps:






These must have been taken gradually on my way from CPH to Helsinki (20 09 2011).

These were captures right before landing:



So.. it was a very early morning in Delhi ;)
One interesting thing I noticed about hours here.. They do not follow the regular for europeans timing, according to the Greenwich time, London (GMT), they have different system. Here they follow the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), which is measured differently.. They also do not have summer/winter times - never -/+ the hour. Now it is 4.5 hour difference between London and Jaipur (for e.g.).

So.., my journey continued at New Delhis' airport, where I was met by my Friend and new Boss, Nand Singh Rathore :) with a huge smile and kind greetings!
From there we proceeded straight to Jaipur. I did not want to waste time for resting in Delhi.., cause that would have just resulted in prolonged journey to the destination.. We were picked by a driver (how cool is this). I thought around 300km. distance could have been made in 3 hours or so, by european standards, but guess what? It took us around 5hours! Mhm, I was amazed too, but the thing is that they are reconstructing the hightway and we had to cross the cities, etc.. in addition to the crazy crazy trafic! Just recently noticed that many cars do not even have left-hand-side-mirror! (bare in mind that the trafic is on the other direction!- left-handed). There are no rules here! Nothing like road signs, car lights matter! the only significant and neccessary tool is HORN! They use it whenever doing a trick. So basically, it is very VERY noisy on the way! There is one more thing they do: the driver waves hand up and down when he sees that it is dangerous for the car from the back to maneuvre.. I made a conclusion that the driver mind front and what is behind is not his business.. unless he/she is so kind to inform about complicated situation..
And this is what one notices regularily on the back of the trucks:


"Keep distance", " Blow horn", "Dipper at night", "Watch for side", "Slow"...

I will show you some locals that I met on the way:



Oh, and those cars, I think they are called "tuk-tuk" :) they are kinda taxis'... :) and it is very regular way to travel ;)!

This is the end of the picture gallery of the day..

But I reached Jaipur rather tired! Greeted the lady of the house that I am going to be hosted, Omlata. Regular indien woman :) looked very nice! and generous from the face! she served a quick luch for us roti (bread) and fried vegetables (it is hard to name it precisely as all the dishes have different names). oh.. and also jogurt (also made by Omlata). It was spicy :) but manageable, I think she made it in this way specially for me to be able to try it.. and gradually adjust the food :) (very very nice woman).

After a good nap, when the temperature reached friendly warmth (around 20 :) ) we all took to the temples. Cannot remember the names.., but it was a day for "a new start" temple! and it was a good timing for me :) There I saw some more rural surrounding of Jaipur, poorer social-classes..etc.. people were approaching me, begging for some money (I had non that time, I even forgot my camera home).
It was a good experience..locals go to the temples bare foot, get some sweet from the side market (kinda a gift for a godes), which is ment to be blessed for some coins in the temple and then taken home.. Shoes, you have tom leave them by the same markets as well.. at some monetary pay.. Temples are guarded.. usually the scanners do not work, but are there for looks :) and guards stand there and watch for the sight.

Later we went to get some pizza :) Imagine that :) taht was very tasty: cheesy! with some chicken.. I think hosts did not want me to feel draged into a new cousine very fast, so they just wanted to give me a slow start..

And.. not that I have not had enough for the first first day.. we went to visit a very good coleague of Nand Singh Rathore! at his home :) he greeted me with smile! offered some snacks (which were spicy and I was afraid to try all sorts of new things at the first day, so avoided much), we got some whiskey :)..
My role there was rather poor, I cannot speack hindi and all conevrsations are in hindi..My ambition so far is to learn at least a word per day :) we'll see how far I will reach :)..

Yeah.. by the time we reached home it was very late.. late in my terms as I did not get proper sleep throughout the day and was tired of new things.. new home, new people, new conditions, etc!!!
So.. as a result, I felt very VERY much home-sick. so.. was rather difficult to get asleep.. everything was different I felt little confused in my head.. after all - I was really tired.. and missing my Family and Friends (AT THE FIRST DAY OF THE ARRIVAL).. with this in mind and a thought of staying here for another 5 mnths was just driving me crazy!

So much for the first day :)
Greets!
Ro.































No comments:

Post a Comment