Tuesday 27 September 2011

My second day.. 22 09 2011

One would wish the first days in India to be FANTASCITC - new food, new culture, new senses! climate, etc... But me - I felt into a deep depression, already from the morning I did not want to get up from the bed, even though my morning started at 12 o'clock.. Wanted nothing., but HOME! And the thought of another 140 days here was killing me softly...Did not want to be rude to the hosts they have been nothing but nice and generous to me! (e.g. giving me their bedroom with bathroom attached because it has better facilities!).. so got out with big guilt in my face for sleeping in so long!
Everything here takes more time, all the routines: starting from washing oneself till having a quick breakfast.. Due to unfamiliar facilities (shower in a bucket!, wash teeth with mineral water, gass stove, backing bread every day :), cool the room before the night) takes time to get used to it.. And on the top of my mood.. I just had to suck it in..
So I felt like it's time to seek for emotional comfort and contact my closest ones.. Or write them how I felt..It does help!
Then I wanted to get some documents from my hard drive.. and  realized I might have lost it on the way! Disaster! I had enough! and this totally broke me! I am telling you.. so... I will ask you to try to be nice to me when in half a year I will come to you with a favor to ask - write some photos of some parties or documents/notes from the lectures... I would appreciate it SO MUCH!
There might be a slight chance that I left it while my stay in CPH.. that would be a mirracle! but I might have just dropped it somewhere at the airport while taking out and putting in my laptop for the customs..

My host could see the frustration in my head! and took me to the shop.. it is not too safe for me to walk alone.. she does not do that herself..(others might just bullet me with their attention) So.. I went for shopping - it is very cheap! Cannot remember what was the amount, though.., but I think might have reached 100kr (~50LT)... then on our way back we visited one neighbour - every home here is slightly different (just as everywhere else), but what is common: they all have no carpet, one always leaves shoes outside, the floor is made from marmour, as well as the stairs, they have one main lamp (rather big, fixed to the second floors' ceiling and hanging down till the first floor.. also, they light their home with a simple straight lamp-bulbs, that look like a solarium  lights :) same goes for outside ligthning in the streets :) of course, allhomes have a big entrance hall with sink to wash hands.. and a living room aside of it (which is smaller than the hall) with table and sofas (so it is not exactly like I imagined: carpets everywhere and eating while sitting on the floor/pillows). Guests are always offered some water and spicy snacks :)

Ok.., the house I am currently staying looks like this (I am moving out in the very begg. of Oct, expect some more photos from there later on):

my bedroom :)


living room

sink in the hall

kitchen

the house.

this is the house I am going to live in couple of days..


I took some picts from the neighborhood, might see me with Himanshi (host-daughter)..:

the regular neighborhood street

here you can iron your cloth for 3rupees (~ 0.3 kr., 15ct.)
shops!

a regular guarded neighbourhood... (I live in such :) )

me and Himanshi
So... this was my second day.. The night did not go well.. got some crazy nightmares! Some of you were involved (hope you are doing fine and it was just a side effect of my malaria pills or stress) :S Happy not to remember them!

Hugs!
Roberta

No comments:

Post a Comment