Saturday 8 October 2011

Hello to my Dear People ;)

Hello Dears! ;)
I wanted to apologize for delayed updates, but I have started working aside of my leisure.. so have way less time for this..
But hopefully You all have been Good ;)* And I send kisses to You!

It might be a long letter, indeed :) so be prepared!! :)
If something about me.. I have been looking for malaria pills for some time now..., finally found! (Cause was running out and it was kinda difficult to find, also the alternatives.., and it is necesarry for me to take them, cause there is no vaccination founded, yet, which could make me immune for at least some month, or so.. I am so not used to take them.. and I see they have some side effect! - sometimes I cannot remember where I am or what my name is!! (ok, ok, joking! :P) but some unusual headache or weird dreams - which could also be explained by cultural change, weather, etc.., but I do not know..I blame malaria pills for everything, cause I feel good now! ;) India is nice! :)
so far so good with the work as well! I Like my Boss! His Family! Though, I feel like the daughter does not like me at all :D Not that I am being rude, but I am hard on her if I help with homework, so she does not like me :) and I still cannot cook the perfect paranta! (a bread that she eats only when her Mother makes it :) )
Oh.. one time I realized that I have some episodes of Desperate Housewives, so I ran to my room and watched some.. And you know what? I kinda forgot where I am! Felt so good, got into it so deep that did not even think of anything! :) I was in my peace and emotional transfer until a bug bumped into my leg :D A bug, which came out of the big big fan/cooler, attached to my window.. (some time ago I mentioned the difference of everything.. so.. if some time ago when I wanted to sleep I had to jump in the bed and be good, now I have to: get the cooler working (which makes wind in my room from the outside to inside with enormous power! sometimes I am afraid to switch it of/on, because it is spinning so fast, seems like my finger will get cut.. :D but everything is protected by the cage! :) or metal strings...so any bug that comes into the room through that machine, is pretty much dead :D.. and while it is on, all the papers fly around! :) So I have to keep my room clean..), I leave it for an hour with the balcony doors open.. but the light switched off (because I do not want to be sleeping with bugs!), then.. when I go to sleep, I switch the fan off.. and turn the air conditioner on :) for over the night :) and then I am set to go to sleep :) as simple as that :) And you'd be surprised to know that sometimes it gets rather chilly in the night, so I wake up to close the balcony door or switch the conditioner.. (BTW, the conditioner makes a lot of noise! they all do! Something to get used to when living in India!)
Other thing to get used to - people shouting in the morning :D "PAPER" and everything else! :) Cause there is a lot of services provided for people right outside of their homes!: as.. servants who come to pick the trash from your home, or take your paper-waste, or clean your car every morning (it is that dusty that it is kinda necessary) and so on.. ;)
What other thing I recognized.. I am sleeping in the obliquely in the bed! :D totally.. why? I do not know.. (I guess this is one of the many things that I have never done before, and do in India..)

oh, one funny thing :) After all my evening routines I started to get myself ready to bed :) and saw amazing performance :) A tribe of ants were escaping my room :D but it was so interesting and kinda nice to watch! they were going from my bathroom, via my dressing room, along the wall, so nicely and quiet!, taking the hurt ones on their back, one after another as if they'd had a leader.. (they are much bigger here, btw), they went behind my luggage case, to my room, still along my walls and got out :) through the small path under the door.. did not follow them.. gave some privacy :) I was just wondering - do they do that every night? at a particular time and come back for breakfast? :D or what was it all about - still figuring this out :)

Oki.. my shopping experience - it is as cheap as people are talking! and level of the service is very pleasant :) I got some slippers for 160rupees (16kr~8lt) and I was totally served: there were three guys searching for the best fit for me, one of them was taking my shoes of an on! and other were just running around! and I was just sitting and telling: "yes", "no".. and one of them was making some tricks with the shoes.. :) (you know flipping them in the air, etc. :)
Also, took some pictures from the sari-shop! They look amazing! I am not planing to buy one, because I would have no place to wear it! And my Mom is so keen on figuring the sewing secrets of it.. that maybe.., very big maybe. I would get it only because of her :)
  
this is a sari-shop :) They are so nice!, look at how many shop workers are there! I guess, the system works like this - a women comes with a husband.. sits on the chairs and she's given plenty of choices.. of colors, patterns, etc! Looks good ;)


What I realized: women care about colors so much here! They buy everything in a set.. They would have diff. top for diff. pants (of course, every pant has a diff. name) and diff. scarf for it! And they take a very good care of their cloths! I must have posted the pict. of the regular wardrobe.. Everything is folded as new! and has its own place.. Just as well as the bangles! They have separate drawers for bangles! :) I think after this trip I will need to get one too.. and they switch bangles according to the color they are wearing that day.. So it is all very well thought! ;)

this is a snap of the regular shopping mall! Looks very western..but people.. and snacks are very different.. Here they are very much fond of spicy snacks..with some weird sauce..or fillings..I find it not tasty.. :S so..
and we have Mc'Donalds here too! Beware, all the prices are stated without tax.. So I was extremely surprised when had to pay 65 rupees (instead of 55) (it's ~6.5 kr.~ 3.25 lt) for this giant ice-cream with brownie and hot chocolate on the top..!!!

Have not met anything similar neither in LT nor in DK Mc'Donalds.., though I am a very very rare visitor there...
Oh, and this is another outfit I got myself ;)
Some crazy pants!! I love them! ;)
This is our visitor :) in the kitchen..

Surprise!, I am sowing!! :) Not entirely, but would seem so :P Just fixing things.. My Mother will be so proud of me! ;)

This is traditional indian sweet dish made of milk, raisins and cashewnuts.. :) and is called kheer  (big thanks to Rahgu Nv for correction :) )

Now, something more about my experience.. One would think that 35km is not too far and possible to get from A to B in around 25 min.. but here! everything is different! :) 35km. is done in 45min -1hour!!
Not mentioning the traffic conditions!!! OMG! I felt like in a bull-fight! They are crazy here! driving only with the long lights in the dark! so you are blinded all the time! and they do not obey anything! no rules apply here! I was really tensed.. normally, I trust only my Father in the roads.. and here.. it is just speechless.. as mentioned before cars fold their mirrors to save some space in the road! so try to imagine.. so it is many times you just face the other car, which is confronting you from the front,towards your car! until it's 5m. before the big boom.. and both cars turn the opposite ways! (luckily they do not get confused by the direction! otherwise no good! no good)..
But on my way I managed to grasp some nice sights of India! Hills, people, culture..diff. religion ppl. live in diff. parts of the city, so I got to see the muslim-part.. also different :) and I saw wild monkeys, pigs, horses, camels, elephants, dogs, goats! :) amazing! :) Could not capture due to the crazy traffic, some time in the near future..

One nice fact: people have personal cooks here! ;) who come to your home and cook on demand! anything ;) Nice, ha? It is going to be, indeed, an experience of my lifetime!! ;)
Also, there are some particular rules of the house! As I understood, at the time family moves in, they create some ground rules, say:  do not cook non.veg.., do not use egg, do not have drinks in the house! and they obey then stricktly, it does not mean that people are all vegetarian or had never tried alcohol.. it just means that they go along with Gods and Goddesses and may have everything they want outside the house..

In addition to that, I got to know that in hindi religion they believe that there is a God in everyone of us! And we have to appreciate Him and serve Him! The way I understand it - Follow your heart! ;) BTW, I believe, indian women are very good at reading people! Really..! So when we are at the visit somewhere, I am feeling little bit naked in a way :)

Some picts now:
If anyone is still wondering how does the fresh papaya look like ;)

chopped..

Oh,
in Europe we have this saying: "a woman can break the hills.." I wonder now.. what things could indian-woman break if she really wanted! :D

These are those spicy snacks.. in any shape with diff. spice tensity.. (not my taste at all!)
Anyways, here in India, I avoid snacking at all.. everything is very dusty, you can never trust the quality, the way it was made and kept 'fresh', in the sun! for ages!! People themselves wear scarfs on their nose and mouth if they are out for longer time! so it is really dusty! ;)

Ooh.. the amazing Amber fort
 in the night lights...
Ok.. and then, there was an evening we went to see how are the weird creatures built! :) They symbolize the three Bad Gods and are going to be burned in couple of days! And we could not get through the traffic, as you see.. it's a highway.. and it was too dense to get through :) so we just parked in the middle to take those couple of snaps :)
and this is how they look in the day light ;)



as you can see, they are many sizes! One big costs about 5000 rupees (~500kr~250lt), and can be placed in any location. In couple of days from this moment, there will be a fest, where they will have many locations/stadiums with those dolls and will arrange fest in the whole city to celebrate burning the Bad Gods!
The builders
If you can see, here sits the man, who is sharpening the wooden strings which are used to build the creatures...
Just making my point about the traffic :)
Sweeeeeeets!! I like those! they are sweet! and with almonds :)

This is how the place looks like from the outside, who could tell, ha? And they are, apparently backing something here.. it's their little kitchen :)



No comments:

Post a Comment