Sunday 9 October 2011

I am an inspiration to someone ;)

Hey there!
So.. being a simple, white person in India might help a lot :)
During the 9 Goddesses Day, there were couple of girls coming over and talking to me :) it is kinda nice, too! they are always so shy to speak.. asked someones permission to speak to me.. and whispered things to one another :) Popular questions:
what is your favorite food?
what is your favorite color :)
Where are you from?
then, something about education..
And me, I like asking them what would they like to become... :) singers, dancers, actresses :) (you remember yourselves ;) ) and then I ask what post curricular activity they do.. and etc :)
Oh.. and of course.. what subject do they like the most - they all answer: English :) (wonder why :) )

Anyways, so one morning, my host received a call from one man, who is a father of one girl. And he said that that girl enjoyed so much talking to me and was so inspired that would like to arrange a visit and bring me some vegetable sauce (that we eat here together with chapati/roti).. Uh! so nice! ;) Really :) Well, kids enjoy talking English here, cause most families do not use English at home and this is one of the opportunities for them.. Unfortunately, I was not available that day (felt like a real busy person :D), but I had to work! and went for aerobics.. and then plenty of other stuff came up in the evening..
Maybe other time I will make up for that girl.. cause she showed up anyways and had a chat with my host :) and left me some vegetables! :) which I enjoyed during my lunch...

So, while I was writing here, I got a visitor - my new Indian-Friend, Himakshi :) To make it up for her afternoons goodies, I ran quickly upstairs to pick some candies, actually, Polish candies :D (they are called "Cow" in Lithuania "karvute" - very very tasty ones). And when I handed those to her, I saw a bag in her hand...
As you can see, she came with hands full of presents... TO ME!!! :)
Here is what it says on the paper: "Dear, Robita, with lots of love and care, from your loving friend Himakshi :) " Isn't it sweet!!!??? 
And this is what I found
 in the package :) Meet my forst statue of Indian God for "a good start" and my first "Friend" bracelet! :)
We sat for a little while, talked.. and for my surprise I realized her secret wish to become a foreigner.. And the argumentation for that was that she does not want to wear sari, she does not want to be Indian, she does not like that people throw garbage in the streets and she does not like the dust.. So she wants to become a foreigner.. I wish there would be an easy way to do it.. But I am sure, with a good attitude and clear vision of what she wants - she can definitely get there ;) (Good luck, Himakshi :) )
I enjoyed our little talk and after she left, felt like a child myself :) had a huge smile in my face :) Just like that!



Another thing :)
I started aerobics :) At the same place i mentioned a while ago.. My first day was Wednesday, as it is a day for the new starts ;) (in hindi religion).. and I really liked it! I sweat my ass off there :) They have nothing! and the thing we do I would not call aerobics :D It's just exercising and the only inventory they have, some weights, I think 3 kg..
It is extremely interesting how everything goes :D

Let's say, the session is scheduled for 10:30, I am there already 10:25, all set!
Everybody who comes, has to weight themselves before and after the training! and leave a note in the exercise book! As well as every new girl is measured up: weight, waste, legs, ass-line, chest - everything! arms.. and taken a photograph... :)
Well.. since the tricks they do there are very similar.. I tend to stay longer, for some time to do some more and stretch.. and when they saw me (was doing some regular tricks).. started taking these pictures as well :) (I guess my photo will be put up on the wall pretty soon :) ) for a reason to brag for other international visitors.. or something like this.. :)

So.. I am there on time, when everybody comes only at 10:40.. slow gatherings.. small talks :D apparent glances to me.. as I am so not patient, so I am warming up by myself.. I do not understand hindi, so they talk freely about me, stare and wonder what am I doing on the floor :) crazy feeling :) but I just smile.. what can I say.. :)
And suddenly I notice that my coach will be a big girl, 3 times bigger than me :D she starts to show the exercises.. and as a simple member follow her :) until she runs out of breath .. as well as other girls and I am there all alone, standing and doing exercise in the middle of the room :D, right by the coach (of course, as I came the first one, I took the first line, by the mirror, to see if I do exercises correctly..).. and then I feel that everybody is staring :D and laughing.. :D and I keep going.. cause this is what I came for :) and kinda wait until my coach gets her breath back and we continue.. but surprise.. she asks some other girl to replace her :) cause probably she also ran out of the ideas :) and we continued..
until the real coach came.. around 30min. late :) and continued :D by showing 50% of the moves that we already did :)

Also, as a new girl, I had an external 'guard' watching me :) to see if I do everything correctly.. but from the first day, as I was standing in the first line, the coach (real), shouted on the other girls and pointed eyes at me and asked everyone to look at me when they do things :D so the 'guard' got the message...

All in all, what they call 'aerobics', I would describe: a meet up with some interest group! with same music :) (I like one indian peace (emplifier!).. and Justin Beabers' song which is put in the very beginning :) ).. They gather, chat, do some exercises and wonder around.. are little lazy to move.. :) (have I mentioned that I could finally feel myself smaller in India..:) those women are really big)
And one came to me after the session and said that I am her inspiration :) When the coach heard that, she said..:" and mine desperation" :D.. So.., maybe I am not that bad after all :D

Whatever said, I enjoy it so much! ;) it's just interesting cultural observation and I am always drained.. so - all just for the better.. :) women are really nice here.. whatever they say, I do not think that they bad-mouth, they are just making comments and wondering.. and whenever they approach me, they are really positive ;)

Hugs! ;)
Robertele

2 comments: